Consuming wild mushrooms can be a hazardous endeavor and in some cases even fatal!
Before eating any mushroom collected from the wild it is absolutely critical that it is identified with certainty.
An old mushroom hunters' axiom states "When in doubt, throw it out", such an embrace of skepticism can save your life.
If you believe you have ingested a poisonous mushroom, immediately contact Poison Control (1-800-222-1222), and save an uncooked sample of the mushrooms you consumed for the purpose of identification. This can be critical for determining the proper course of treatment.
Morel hunting can also be extremely addictive! But you're here so you already know this. Sign up and just enjoy it with us...
Map locations are near by town and NOT actual longitude/latitude!
Mouse over a morel for date & location or click for detail & photos.