Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Missouri Morel Reports trickling in
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Missouri Morel Reports trickling in

Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 27 Mar 2010 20:44 #1041

Has anyone else heard any reports from Southern MO? I saw one hearsay report of morels found near Joplin and one eye witness account of a find in Cape. It won't be long now until they are in K.C., St. Louis, Mid-Mo and beyond.
Mid-Missouri Morels and Mushrooms - missourimorels.blogspot.com/

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 27 Mar 2010 20:51 #1045

• Rocks and Mushrooms baby!
  • KCRMHUNTER
  • Double Platinum Picker
Well Ahistory,we seem to be the last to have them here in KC.At least longitudinally.You guys east have had several spells of warmer weather than us in the KC region,I look for us to be at least a week later but they will still taste just as good...Ha Ha!Good luck to you guys...hope you find a bunch!!!
"Then,taking along some of the fruit of the land,they brought it down to us and reported,'The land which the lord,our God,gives us is good.'"Deuteronomy 1:25

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 27 Mar 2010 20:55 #1046

• jason
I figured Stan would be the first to find morels

or the second

go get em Stan

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 27 Mar 2010 20:57 #1047

I didn't find these, though I wish I did. I just heard about them. I don't expect to find my first for the year until Friday hopefully.
Mid-Missouri Morels and Mushrooms - missourimorels.blogspot.com/

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 28 Mar 2010 06:13 #1099

• kb
  • Gold Picker
took a hike today. Just barely getting any green in the timber here. I was just scouting and working on getting the hill legs back, and hooves sharpened.
next year is to far away.

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 28 Mar 2010 08:49 #1105

• me loves me rocks and shrooms
  • LinnCreeker
  • Double Platinum Picker
Took a hike today too. May Apples are just sprouting, at about 1" tall. Found a buddies jeep in my creek, spent the afternoon helping him get all the water out of the engine. Seems his wifey has no "depth" perception.lol!
Morel Militia

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 28 Mar 2010 08:53 #1106

• me loves me rocks and shrooms
  • LinnCreeker
  • Double Platinum Picker
I might add, things are looking very good! I love this time of year.....THE SUSPENSE!!!! Lots of cob webs but no snakes"morelchef2".... And the oak trees are not budding at all yet, but every other tree is.
Morel Militia

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 28 Mar 2010 10:00 #1119

• kb
  • Gold Picker
sounds like south MO. is ready to go!
next year is to far away.

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 28 Mar 2010 17:30 #1151

• Proud member of the "MOREL MILITIA"
  • morelchef2
  • Double Platinum Picker
went on the hunt yesterday for few hours...no morels but..I did find a SNAKE LC,I have pic but cant post for some reason?/IDK it was a big fat garter snake..she looked like she was gettin ready to have some babies. also found several devils urns 1 was prolly 3 inchs across. and several other fungi. already tons of people out. most were just walking but few were hunting..it is close.

Re:Missouri Morel Reports trickling in 28 Mar 2010 19:09 #1156

• Life's to short - Eat dessert first!!
  • HappyTrails
  • Expert Picker
Looks as though black morels have been found in Springfield. "Grab your bags, it's on".

HT
"It's amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."- Harry Truman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds